Monday, February 7, 2011

Just starting

I am a teacher in a Transitions program. My students range in age from 18-22 all with special needs. The purpose of my program is to help my student’s transition from school to adult life. We are a community based program using hands on real world teaching. The curriculum consists of various life skills; employment, community, self-advocacy, recreation and independence/life skills. I am starting this blog as part of a very interesting class I am taking, ITECC- Integrating Technology to Enhance Curriculum in the Classroom. I would like to share as well as receive ideas from other teachers on how to enrich my teaching.

2 comments:

  1. Eunice could you tell us if you will be using any skills or digital tool you learned about in the ITECC class that you will use in the Transition class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to use the moodle I am working on now in the classroom. There is a wiki, a video, web page, and other tools for the students to use.
    We will be working on the electronic yearbook and the students will be exploring flikr, and other kinds of photo tools to develop it.
    Most of my students came from the same district and I would like them to communicate using the computer with the staff and students that are still there in a blog and by sending videos.
    I have found many of interactive lessons for the class to work on, I intend to put them on delicious and receive more from people who also post there.
    I will be attending a workshop on how to operate the smart board, we have one in the building, and I look forward to using it.
    Part of my curriculum deals with leisure and how to use this time wisely. Social networking , games and finding sites that interest them, will be part of my lessons.

    ReplyDelete